Happy #TastyTuesday peeps! My life is now complete! After years of having the same post workout combo (protein power mixed with water and a 1/2 of a banana), I decided it was time to mix it up a bit. After what looked like a science experiment gone horribly wrong, I came up with this delicious goodness. I found the original recipe online and made some tweaks to make it my own.
- 1 scoop Apollo Pure Protein Powder in Molton Chocolate Lava
- 1 c. Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1/4 Alcohol Free Vanilla Extract
- 5-6 ice cubes
Blend in your handy dandy Ninja blender and enjoy!
This shake is a perfect post workout replenisher as is, but if you would like to make it more of a meal, make these modifications to make it more filling.
- Add: 1 T nut butter
- Add: 2 T uncooked oats
- Use: 1 frozen banana
But if you would like to jazz up this shake a bit, pick and choose what you you would like to add and make your own version.
- 1/2 c milk of your choice and 1/2 c cold coffee
- 1-2 T cocoa
- 1-2 T chia seeds
- 1 c spinach
- 1/4 c cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt