Sorry, but this weather is right around the corner, so why not be prepared for a healthy version of chili BEFORE you are chilly? I got this amazing recipe from a client a few years ago and although I can totally wait for the cold weather that makes me crave warm, comfort food, I couldn’t wait to share this delicious recipe with you!
* 1 tablespoon EVOO
* 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (I use 1 small onion because I’m not a huge onion fan)
* 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chilies
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 2 15-ounce cans great northern beans, rinsed
* 1 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
* 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 4 cups shredded cooked skinless turkey, or chicken
Heat oil in a large pot oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chilies, oregano, cumin and cayenne. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir in beans and broth; bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes. Add turkey (or chicken); cook for 5 minutes more. Serve.