10 in ’10
Now that the Holidays are over and I’ve had some time to get back into the swing of things, I’m FINALLY ready to make my list of things to do in 2010. They are not really resolutions, but things I WILL accomplish in the new year. My 2010 Bucket list – minus the whole death thing, hopefully.
The 10 Things I WILL Accomplish in 2010:
1. Learn how to swim. I’ve tried a million times, but this year I will finally be floatie free in the pool. Not sure exactly how I will do this because every instructor I’ve had says I’m made of stone because I sink like a rock. I wonder if Dana Torres is available?
2. Run my FIRST half marathon. If all goes well, it will be March 7th in Florida – The Disney Princess Half Marathon. How cool is that? Running while Cinderella is cheering you on!
3. Learn the power “yes” and the freedom of “no”. If I keep saying yes to everything, I’ll have 2 truck loads of Girl Scout Cookies that I can’t eat, 20 stray dogs, a missing arm from “rasselin’ gators” and bright red hair.
4. Hunt a new animal. (Yes I am a hunter!) I’d love to shoot the cougar in my woods, but I’m pretty sure the DNR wouldn’t like that. Maybe I’ll try pheasant hunting, shoot a merriams or go “big” and hunt Elk or Moose.
5. Start teaching outdoor bootcamps this summer. I’ve never had a place to hold them, but now that my yard is finally landscaped I can hold them at my house.
6. Do my FIRST fitness/figure competition in September. My plan is to do the 2010 Natural Badger Classic. When I do that, I will have to accomplish goal #6 1/2 – Wear a bikini in public. I’ve NEVER done this, so I guess I’m jumping in feet first and doing it on stage. YIKES!!!
7. To make every negative a positive – no matter how difficult that may be.
8. To ask for help when I need it. I am a my own Super Hero, but even Superman has his Kryponite.
9. Have a bigger presence on the web. In 2009 I jumped right into the whole social networking thing with Twitter and Facebook, but I want to blog much more in 2010.
10. Do the Polar Plunge Twice in one winter. (ok I was going to have #10 be to quit swearing so much, but the Vikings are STILL in the Playoffs, so I’ll jump in a frozen lake instead)
January 19, 2010 @ 12:14 am
That’s one of my goals as well for this year: learn how to swim! I’ve tried so many times too, but I do see improvement… I can put my head in the water 😉 And once I’ve mastered that swimming thing, I’m on for an ironman!!!! Good luck on your races and refusing girl-scout cookies!
January 19, 2010 @ 2:16 pm
Hey Kloe! Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog! I’m glad to hear that you are taking charge too and trying to master swimming. I want to learn so I can go a Tri someday too! Hopefully in 2010 we will BOTH be able to cross swimming off our to do list. Best of luck to ya!!!!