STOP THE EXCUSES – EXERCISE IS BORING
“Working out is too boring.”
This to me is one of the lamest excuses out there. Where do people get the idea that exercise has to take place in a gym, on the same boring piece of equipment, EVERY DAY for 30 to 60 minutes? Let me let you in on a little secret – it doesn’t have to. If a particular workout is boring to you, then STOP DOING IT. There are a million different activities out there that you can do – don’t just limit yourself to the ones that you despise.
This may come as a shock to you, but exercise can be fun. You just need to find something that you like & look forward to doing. You should be excited about working out. You don’t need to waste valuable time plugging & chugging away on a Stairmaster if you really dread doing it. Find something that motivates you to get moving.
Here are some tips to help you find a workout that you enjoy:
1. Try new classes/exercises. This can be a great way to find what types of exercise you like or dislike. A few months ago a client asked me to go to a pole dancing class. I was positive that it was something that my 2 left feet would hate. To my surprise, I loved the class. I was laughing, having a great time & I got an awesome workout. Try kickboxing, take a Kettlebell class or join in on a Bootcamp session. Who knows? You might just find your new workout passion just by trying a new class.
2. Think outside of the box. If dancing outside in your unitard and leg warmers to Bruce Springsteen gets your blood pumping – then dance away. Exercise doesn’t have to be limited to the inside of a gym – if you find something that you enjoy & gets you moving, then by all means DO IT.
3. Hire a Trainer. Personal Trainers brains are overflowing with ideas for different types of exercises. Let your trainer know your likes and dislikes with exercise and they will come up with some new & fun ideas for your next workout.
4. GET EXCITED TO MOVE! If you get excited about a particular workout, chances are you will stick to this routine. Find something that motivates you to want to do your workout. For me, shoes are the key. Every time I buy a new pair of running shoes, I can’t wait to use them. All I want to do is run in my new, cute shoes. (Hey – I’m one of those girls with a SEVERE love for cute shoes. I can’t help it…I’m a shoe junkie.) I also get uber excited to workout every time I download new songs on my ipod. Nothing beats fresh, new music to help energize your workout. What works for you?
5. Challenge yourself. For those of you out there who have always worked out but you’ve lost your passion for exercise, here’s a tip for you. Challenge yourself. Just because you have always been a runner (or whatever you are into), doesn’t mean you have to be “just a runner. ” for the rest of your life. Try training for a sport that incorporates what you are already doing with something new – like a triathlon or a duathon. Heck, you can even try something completely new – like martial arts.
All in all – your perception of exercise is up to YOU. YOU and ONLY YOU decide what to make of it. If you choose to make it fun, it will be. If you want to keep using the excuse that working out is boring, then that is YOUR CHOICE and you have to live (or not) with it. It’s up to you.
February 26, 2010 @ 12:46 pm
There is obviously a lot to know about this. I believe you made some good selections in the layout of your blog also.Keep working ,great job!
November 4, 2010 @ 11:06 pm
true protein promotion code
October 24, 2010 @ 3:02 am
Good write up, I will save this in my Del.icio.us account. Have a great day.
November 4, 2010 @ 11:07 pm
Thank you very much!
wisconsin union theater parking
October 25, 2010 @ 6:56 pm
This a informative great writeup by you looking forward to read more very soon.
November 4, 2010 @ 11:06 pm
true protein coupon
November 4, 2010 @ 2:49 am
Hi nice write up for STOP THE EXCUSES – EXERCISE IS BORING â€” Fitness To Go , do you have RSS feed so I can subscribe for this blog. Michaele at true protein discount code
November 4, 2010 @ 11:05 pm
You can subscribe to my blog on my site…you will see the RSS icon on the top right.